Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .hack//G.U. will be amazing!

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default .hack//G.U. will be amazing!

Most if not everyone that played and loved the previous .hack game (I consider it only one game) probably played it because of the fantastic storyline. It's a shame it ended though. However, GU seems to be even better than the first one.

The battle system is totally revamped. This time they are lending elements from the Tales of Symphonia battle system. It looks really fun. But the most important part of the .Hack games: the story will probably be really interesting. Who is this Kite "clone" (called Tri-Edge) and why do the main characters in GU share the same titles as the Eight Phases from the previous .hack game?

~The Eight Phases~
    Skeith - The Terror of Death
    Innis - The Mirage of Deceit
    Magus - The Propagation
    Fidchell - The Prophet
    Gorre - The Machinator
    Macha - The Temptress
    Tarvos - The Avenger
    Corbenik - The Rebirth

~Characters from GU~
    Haseo - The Terror of Death
    Atoli - The Mirage of Deceit
    Kuhn - The Propagation
    Yata - The Prophet
    Sakubo - The Machinator
    Endrance - The Temptress
    Pai - The Avenger
    Ovan - The Rebirth

I want to know more! ;( This will be one heck of a game. I am so anticipating this. More than any other RPG in the making.

Additional info:
    http://www.dothackers.net/gu.php
    Last edited by crusher; 17th-September-2005 at 20:15.

Thanks

I heard rumors of there being another .hack game. Is it a remake of the 1st one?
    ONE VISION ONE PURPOSE!!!

Thanks

Nope. GU takes place 7 years after the first games. You play as an AI named Haseo. The backstory:

"When it was born...the first thing it saw...was a PK..."

Thanks

I've got two of the first dot hack series. The story is good but the gameplay is so boaring to me. The battle system just sux.
    Check out the best site in the whole world. hehe Sephires' Site
    Games I Own Last updated October 30, 2005

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.

Thanks
    EP Points

On top of G.U., I can't wait for Fragment to see a release over here. I'm hella eager to pirate an online .Hack game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Stenny
    Nope. GU takes place 7 years after the first games. You play as an AI named Haseo. The backstory:

"When it was born...the first thing it saw...was a PK..."
    You sure he's an AI? I know that Haseo is a "Player Killer" or "Player Killer Killer", so I dunno...
    Last edited by crusher; 18th-September-2005 at 07:59.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingGnats
    On top of G.U., I can't wait for Fragment to see a release over here. I'm hella eager to pirate an online .Hack game.
    There finally making an online game of .hack!? Now thats more like it.
    ONE VISION ONE PURPOSE!!!

Thanks

According to the trailers, "Tri Edge" who is an entity (possibly a wandering AI like Herald was in my opinion) data drains the main character of .hack//G.U, Haseo and Haseo turns into Skeith. However this is for a brief moment when he was you could say.."saved" by The Rebirth as he regains his senses. For further details regarding .hack//G.U, refer to dothackers.net

Thanks
    EP Points

The game sounds cool, and the characters look awesome. Gonna go get the .hack series and play right through them...again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I'm likely gonna wait until I have every part of the .hack series before playing it again.

And yeah, they are making an online .hack. Story-wsie, it takes place during the beta testing period of "The World". Though an official US release date hasn't been set up, in an interview one of thecreators mentioned trading between Japanese and North American players, so, hint hint.

Oh yeah, and supposedly it's being released for both PC and PS2, without any monthly charge.

Jotunhiem, waiting for the time to strike.
    Thanks

I really wonder about Fragment...
    If you go through the extra content for the 2nd(?) game it mentions Fragment as being the original ver. of "The World." Instead of 3 key words, you used a 10-digit alphanumeric code to get to areas.
    If they stay true to the name, and use the latter, they will need to make 3,656,158,440,062,976 different maps, (more if they distinguish between upper & lower case) all immediately accessible to the public.
    Or they could keep the 3 word combo. This will allow them to make a level lock on words (a new word in each slot for per lvl gained), so they can create the higher level areas with some care and release them as updates.
    So, the question is, will they stick with the 3 word combo or stay true to the name and use the 10 digit code?
    This signature has been censored by the FCC.
    Have a nice day.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki
    According to the trailers, "Tri Edge" who is an entity (possibly a wandering AI like Herald was in my opinion) data drains the main character of .hack//G.U, Haseo and Haseo turns into Skeith. However this is for a brief moment when he was you could say.."saved" by The Rebirth as he regains his senses. For further details regarding .hack//G.U, refer to dothackers.net
    That's been my guess all along. When I noticed that Haseo was turned into something my first guess was Skeith. Not only because he and Phase 1 share the same title, but because he was screaming "Skeith" in the trailer, just before the transformation.

I want this game! ;(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    That's been my guess all along. When I noticed that Haseo was turned into something my first guess was Skeith. Not only because he and Phase 1 share the same title, but because he was screaming "Skeith" in the trailer, just before the transformation.

I want this game! ;(
    This question might seem out of the place, but it will not hurt to ask.

Which characters from previous installation of .hack games would you and everyone else like to return in .hack//G.U? It might not be possible for most of characters to make a come back, but some could be exceptions. For instance, since this "Tri Edge" has the look of Kite's character and also possess Twilight bracelet, there is a possibility that BlackRose might return polt wise. If not playable, then at least for a brief moment like how Mimiru showed up in .hack//MUTATION.

Also, aside from 8 main characters, I wonder if there will be extra playable characters as there were in previous games. Previous editions only had Kite, BlackRose as main characters plot wise and Balmung who joins later. Helba as well. Same goes for Mia as she had the resemblance of Maha, The Temptress.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well there is an obvious reason why Mia and Maha resemble each other...

I'd definitely like BlackRose to return. Don't care too much about the rest of the characters. And I will hate C2C/Bandai for ever if Piros comes back!

Thanks

I never used Piros, the reason being obvious. And I absolutely hated parts where you have no choice but to include him in the party. Even Terajima Ryoko was better than him.

Well, actually, Terajima Ryoko was pretty good now that I mention