Thread: DC++ - trouble finding files

Thanks

Default DC++ - trouble finding files

I had DC++ before but back then all I had to do was install it to use it, now even though I can get into hubs I can never browse through anyones folders, it just says 'connecting' until it eventually times out, and my it never comes back with any search results either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Weed
    I had DC++ before but back then all I had to do was install it to use it, now even though I can get into hubs I can never browse through anyones folders, it just says 'connecting' until it eventually times out, and my it never comes back with any search results either.
    It might be because you might be using passive mode. That's what happen to me when I used passive mode. Active mode allowed me to actually connect to people and search. However, you gotta forward ports if u have a router and u gotta have a static ip for active mode.

Thanks

Nah, i'm in active mode.
    What do you mean by forward ports?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks

Nah, i'm in active mode.
    What do you mean by forward ports?
    Well, firstly, do u have a router? Cause that's only for router ppl. If you do, then go to http://www.portforward.com/english/r...outerindex.htm and choose ur router model. Then, choose DC++ (I assume ur using this) and follow the instructions. Now, in DC++, go to settings and connection. Just put in the ports that u forwarded to. Hope that helps.

Thanks

I've done all of that now, my DL's still time out but other people are downloading from me, which means it did do something.

What do you mean by enter the ports? I put my new ip in the settings box but the only option to enter a new port is TCP and UDP, the guide didnt say anything about them.

Thanks
    EP Points

First of all, do you have a router or a firewall?

If you have a router, open port 1411 TCP & UPD. You'll need to have access to your router configuration page to do it. Then go to DC++ settings/general, check "active" and type your external IP in the IP boxes and the port 1411 in the port boxes. (go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ to know what's your external IP).

If you dont want to do all that then just go to settings/general and check "passive". It will allow you to connect to active users, but your connection will timeout if you try to connect to other passive user. Thats why it's recommended to do the portforwarding, you'll have access to all the users, not only the actives.

If you have a firewall installed be sure DC++ has all the permits. If you have Win XP installed, be sure the windows firewall is not blocking DC++.

Thanks

I'ts working now, thanks for the help.

Is there any decent hub for downloading Roms/animes?
    I checked the EP hub and it seems a bit empty, most of the people arent even sharing roms.

Thanks

I'ts working now, thanks for the help.

Is there any decent hub for downloading Roms/animes?
    I checked the EP hub and it seems a bit empty, most of the people arent even sharing roms.
    Yeah, that's the problem with EP's hub; it's very inactive. You might wanna check out the list of hubs that is listed in this forum: http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=26858, though I've never tried them. I don't use DC++ for roms. I mostly just use it to get VGM from vgmcentral.no-ip.com. Good luck on finding a good rom hub.

Thanks

Now I have another slight problem,
    I can't seem to be able to cancel and remove downloads from my que list, they just keep on piling up and anything that does get cancelled just restarts again. I've tried using 'close connection' but still nothing, i've also tried getting rid of them from the incomplete folder but they just come back after a few seconds.

Thanks
    EP Points

Go to your dl queue, select the file you dont want to dl, right click it and hit remove (it will delete it) or hit set priority/paused to cancel the dl to restart it later.
    Btw, in my sig there's a link for a good roms hub

Thanks

Wah!
    It stopped working again after I started up my computer this morning!
    I did everything you asked why has this happened again>?

Thanks
    EP Points

Because your external IP changed, you prolly has dynamic IP.
    Go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ again and report it in the dc++ settings, it will work again.