Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you please suggest me some PC titles?

Thanks

Question Can you please suggest me some PC titles?

Hi guys!

I was wondering if you could help me picking great looking (PS2 quality or so) recent titles for the PC. The reason I do this is that I found it hard to get info on these... when looking for psx/ps2 titles, the net offers me precise information. But when looking for pc games... I get TONS of info, from old 286 titles till now.

Please, this is an... ehm... information request. Please don't send me links to WXrXz sites, nor offer me to send me image files (thanks, but no, please). I only want you to recommend me some PC titles.

And where else could I ask this if not the the gaming-wise community of EP?

I love games under these genrers:
    • Console-style turn-based RPG's: Yep, love these. I only got the remakes of FF7, FF8, BOF4 and Grandia 2... I wonder if I missed others.
    • Psuedo action / story-driven action RPG's: You can think of Vagrant Story for PSX or Dungeon Siege for the PC. RPG's where you can pause the action and decide an strategy to follow. Or just a nice hack n' slash with a good background story.
    • Adventure: Yep, since I grew playing Lucas Arts games, these are my favorites.
    • Horror/Terror/Mystery/Investigation/Suspence: It's a sub-genrer, so any scary/gory game of this kind would be great for me; big fan I am.
    • Lightgun games: Like House of the dead. Even if I can play with the mouse, it's ok.
    • Beat them ups: I think it's fun to punch a few bad guys for relaxing myself.
    • Other cool genrers: That I missed... strategy perhaps? Puzzle games?

Genrers I'm not very fond of:
    • Sports: Nop, don't like sports games. Unless they're zombies playing soccer, no thanks .
    • Racing: I like fantasy/futuristic/cartoon-like mini-kart racing (as Crash Team Racing, for example). But for a reason I don't actually know, I don't like realistic racing games, no matter how cool they look.
    • One-on-One Fighting: Nop... Among all these years, I've been beaten to death in fighting tournaments games, since SF2. So, I'm not very fond of these games. Painfull memories .
    • Real time strategy: I prefer to take my time when managing things, so I'd prefer not to play these one.
    • First Person Shooters: I prefer to look my character in third person. Kind of more comfortable .

I've been away from the PC gaming community for a long time (maybe 5 years), so anything I've missed in these 5 long years, would be greatly appreciated.

So, suggest me away people!

Thanks in advance guys; cya!
    Last edited by LastPucho; 23rd-December-2005 at 19:47.

My PSOne games (to update): Released games Owned games Requested games

Mikey_ Guest

if you like fps games and military games, you can't go wrong with medal of honor allied assault and the rest of its 3000 expansions

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Try to get your hands on Gorky 17/Odium. It's a really great survival horror/turn based strategy battles/RPG... thingy. Awesome monster design and really fun gameplay.
    http://www.gamershell.com/pc/gorky_17/screenshots.html

Oh and this is not a recent title so... screw you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    Try to get your hands on Gorky 17/Odium. It's a really great survival horror/turn based strategy battles/RPG... thingy. Awesome monster design and really fun gameplay.
    http://www.gamershell.com/pc/gorky_17/screenshots.html

Oh and this is not a recent title so... screw you!

Thanks man, I'll give it a try. And sure, I'd like info on titles that are from 5 years old till now (not as old as abbandonware though ), since I lost the chance of playing great titles these years.

Thanks

*Coughs* Half-Life 2, Counter Strike: Source (Or CS 1.6, or Counter Strike Condition Zero they are all good.)
    Requests -
    Warhawk (PSX)
    Thank you kids.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    if you like fps games and military games, you can't go wrong with medal of honor allied assault and the rest of its 3000 expansions
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDon
    *Coughs* Half-Life 2, Counter Strike: Source (Or CS 1.6, or Counter Strike Condition Zero they are all good.)
    Thanks guys... for recalling me I don't like FPS . I like to see the guys I'm controlling. What if he/she turns out against me? Got to be watching my back...

But thanks guys... and please keep suggesting! Advice is greatly appreciated .
    Last edited by LastPucho; 23rd-December-2005 at 20:02.

Mikey_ Guest

ah but pucho, in medal of honor you can always go into console and type in the command for 3rd person view, so that solves it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    ah but pucho, in medal of honor you can always go into console and type in the command for 3rd person view, so that solves it
    Oh! Cool, then I'll add it

Mikey_ Guest

yeah....um. if you actually get MOHAA, and you plan on playing online, don't use that 3rd person thing ok? lol you may end up getting kicked from a server or banned if its detected

Thanks
    EP Points

Sudeki or Fable: The Lost Chapters if you want good looking console-style action RPGs.

Also, the Prince of Persia games (all 3 of 'em), but they aren't only for PC, so you've probably played them already.

And in the adventure genre, I really enjoyed Still Life. Pretty interesting storyline, but a lame ending. It's still great, though.

Maybe I'll add more later.

Thanks
    EP Points

For adventures, you could go for some games made by Telltale Games. I didn't play any of those myself, but they're the guys who remain from the Sam 'n' Max 2 project, so they could be good.
    For turn-based strategy, I'd recommend Massive Assault, and its expansion.
    Not many good console-style RPGs for PC, Anachronox was 'inspired' by Chrono Trigger, it still hasn't much in common with it, due to it using a completely different world. Looks ugly, too. The story and characters are amongst the greatest, though. One of the party members is a miniaturized planet, for example.
    Darwinia, for a Cannon Fodder like action game.
    Civilization IV, if you liked its predecessors.
    I'd say Planescape: Torment for its godly storyline, though it's not console-like, or an action-RPG. But at least it's not an FPS.
    Psychonauts is a platformer game, with a wicked universe made by Tim Schafer. If Day of the Tentacle meant anything to you, get this game as fast as possible.
    If you enjoyed GTA, you could try Mafia - similar game, but with a better storyline.
    For some games similar to Commandos, I'd recommend Desperados or Freedom Force.
    ...And I believe that's all, excluding games without good graphics, FPS and RTS games.

Thanks

"The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" and its two expansions and thousands of fan mods. Action Adventure RPG that will last for a few 100 hours.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GareJei
    Sudeki or Fable: The Lost Chapters if you want good looking console-style action RPGs.

Also, the Prince of Persia games (all 3 of 'em), but they aren't only for PC, so you've probably played them already.

And in the adventure genre, I really enjoyed Still Life. Pretty interesting storyline, but a lame ending. It's still great, though.

Maybe I'll add more later.
    Thanks GareJei great suggestions. As for Price Of Persia, gosh, got to play all of them! Imagine that I even missed the first 3d translation of it .

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    For adventures, you could go for some games made by Telltale Games. I didn't play any of those myself, but they're the guys who remain from the Sam 'n' Max 2 project, so they could be good.
    For turn-based strategy, I'd recommend Massive Assault, and its expansion.
    Not many good console-style RPGs for PC, Anachronox was 'inspired' by Chrono Trigger, it still hasn't much in common with it, due to it using a completely different world. Looks ugly, too. The story and characters are amongst the greatest, though. One of the party members is a miniaturized planet, for example.
    Darwinia, for a Cannon Fodder like action game.
    Civilization IV, if you liked its predecessors.
    I'd say Planescape: Torment for its godly storyline, though it's not console-like, or an action-RPG. But at least it's not an FPS.
    Psychonauts is a platformer game, with a wicked universe made by Tim Schafer. If Day of the Tentacle meant anything to you, get this game as fast as possible.
    If you enjoyed GTA, you could try Mafia - similar game, but with a better storyline.
    For some games similar to Commandos, I'd recommend Desperados or Freedom Force.
    ...And I believe that's all, excluding games without good graphics, FPS and RTS games.
    And pkt-zer0 (thanks for the tips ), it's ok if the games are not all eye-candy PS3-like, mind-blowing effects. If I'd tell you that I still consider psx graphics to be nice... Good story line and nice/tight gameplay compensate bit dated graphics. But sure I'd like also state-of-the-art games (in terms of graphic technology), just to give my eyes a nice view .
    Last edited by LastPucho; 23rd-December-2005 at 20:07.

Thanks
    EP Points

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophicy

Thanks

KoTOR, maybe?