Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-box Problems???

Thanks
    EP Points

Definatly a HDD problem. Again, what did you do to it. Im only trying to help here.

Thanks

Unhappy

I Put a custom CD I made myself.It worked on everything else but when I Put it in the X-BOX It didn't come on and when I Turned it off later I turned it back on to play a game it did not work it just kept giving me the same error screen. I dont wont to take it back to the store without knowing whats up with it,Like if I could end up doing the same thing to another one.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, the HDD is dead then if you havent opened it or anything. Take it back

Thanks

Question

What Is a HDD??? I NEED TO KNOW.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

A hard drive

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't want to insult you, but it looks like you're not telling us the whole story.

If you never opened it, return it now.
    If you opened it, then you need to tell us what you did.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    I don't want to insult you, but it looks like you're not telling us the whole story.

If you never opened it, return it now.
    If you opened it, then you need to tell us what you did.
    Sounds like a screwed up softmod, most xboxes should play audio cds original or cdr. I can't see it screwing up just by trying to play an audio cd.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleH
    I dont wont to take it back to the store without knowing whats up with it,Like if I could end up doing the same thing to another one.
    This sentence right here makes me believe you did something else to it.
    Listen, we're not going to come to your house, put you in granny panties, slap you around and call you suzy, and then turn you over to the cops cause you fudged up your xbox, we're trying to help.
    A normal consumer wouldn't worry that they would "end up doing the same thing to another [xbox]". They would see it's broken, drive to the store, exchange it and get a new one that will work, little chance of getting 2 faulty xboxs with normal use. (though I guess it is possible with a 360 )

So tell us what exactly you did, did you open up your xbox, try to mod it in any form or whatever, and then we can tell you what to do next, help you fix it, or tell you if it's totally busted. Everyone is just trying to get to the bottom of it but you need to provide details.

Thanks

Exclamation Listen This Time!!!!!

OK Listen clearly this time everyone.Im going to tell you exatly from scratch
    when I got my very first X-BOX which was this past Christmas,I played a game on my X-BOX I then unpluged it and took it somewhere else then I played another game on it,it worked just fine then I heard about custom soundtracks,but I did not read about how custom soundtracks work so I just assumed that it worked kinda like the old playstation so I ejected the disc,it went back to the X-BOX Menu so then I went to the audio/copy menu and put back in my Audio CD that I made just so you know it was a "TDK" Disc
    but it failed to read the disc so I took it out and turned off my X-BOX,and later I turned it on and put a game in and it didn't read it, it stayed on the X-BOX logo for a long time which it always does that now when I turn it on and then it goes to a screen saying service required and thats how it all started.
    I did not go inside it or anything becuase I know the concioqquencess of doing that and trying to return it so anyway thats my whole story im not making it up either.

Mikey_ Guest

just return it for another.

Thanks

ok that lets us know more clearly about the situation. In that case return it for another, it shouldn't have reacted that way.

Thanks

Talking Oh Thank You!!!!

It Shouldn't reacted that way, So im not Crazy! If I get another X-BOX it wont do that? Finally.

Mikey_ Guest

if you get another xbox, it shouldn't do that. of course, you're not gonna go and put a custom audio cd you made into it again are you?

Thanks

Default Wierd

That is wierd mine just won't load cd-r discs but will play games so his should work
    Post count reduced, spam again and gain a ban

Thanks

OK I wont then.I'll use a CD-RW Disc instead!!!