Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: And another Mega Man series is born

Mikey_ Guest

woah! damn. i never knew crusher was such a great story teller now, all this took place in the gba mega man zero games? i just wanna be sure before i hunt down all MMZ gba games lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    woah! damn. i never knew crusher was such a great story teller now, all this took place in the gba mega man zero games? i just wanna be sure before i hunt down all MMZ gba games lol
    Yes. Some of it referenced the MMX series though (Eurasia colony) or stuff that happened between that and the MMZ series (X's war against the Dark Elf), but the stuff listed here was from the MMZ games. Good series and I look forward to the future games (and any game with Megaman in the title.....)

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    Great story teller? I think I suck at it...

I hope you read the Wikipedia links too. The story is really awesome in the MMZ games. I've been especially facinated with Copy-X since the first MMZ. It's just something special about a legend like X being a bad guy, don't you think?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    Great story teller? I think I suck at it...
    Nope. You did a good job with this one.

I hope you read the Wikipedia links too. The story is really awesome in the MMZ games. I've been especially facinated with Copy-X since the first MMZ. It's just something special about a legend like X being a bad guy, don't you think?
    And the artwork link. Has some interesting stuff

http://www.rockmanpm.com/gallery/thu...s.php?album=91

PET like object, an X form, and what appears to be a summon for a reploid. Looks like the series hasn't gone as far as I thought. good find on all counts crusher.

I thought fighting X was pretty interesting. It caused me to rush through the first game to figure out WTF was going on. Too bad Copy X was such a wimp, I was hoping for a good hard battle.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks!

Well seeing as the main characters can change shape because of the "live metal", it's not hard to figure out the X form. I do however think that the smaller artwork showing the Zero like figure, isn't a summon but a the main character transforming into Zero. Awesome stuff.

Oh and I REALLY hope that isn't a PET. I have nothing against Battle Network, but it should not be part of the Mega Man storyline (MM -> MMX -> MMZ -> MMZX[?]).

I thought fighting X was pretty interesting. It caused me to rush through the first game to figure out WTF was going on. Too bad Copy X was such a wimp, I was hoping for a good hard battle.
    Yeah I know what you mean. Though I had some problems with him, he is pretty easy. But eh, still one of the harder bosses in the MMZ series. Elpizo was way to easy in my opinion. I don't think I ever died on his second form.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks!

Well seeing as the main characters can change shape because of the "live metal", it's not hard to figure out the X form. I do however think that the smaller artwork showing the Zero like figure, isn't a summon but a the main character transforming into Zero. Awesome stuff.

Oh and I REALLY hope that isn't a PET. I have nothing against Battle Network, but it should not be part of the Mega Man storyline (MM -> MMX -> MMZ -> MMZX[?]).
    yeah,. I think that they may gain more "forms" by defeating bosses (fire form, Ico form, etc. all named after some boss that was beaten).

I think that may be right, but Zero like doesn't quite seem right because of those wings....maybe something else.

PET seems to be going all Power Rangers up into that (hold up PET, scream some random junk and transform!)

BN is alright, but I prefer the 2-D side scrollers. The BN games just don't feel right with the movement and the battle system (I hate 3-D MM games)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher
    Yeah I know what you mean. Though I had some problems with him, he is pretty easy. But eh, still one of the harder bosses in the MMZ series. Elpizo was way to easy in my opinion. I don't think I ever died on his second form.
    I think all the MMZ bosses were way too easy. Of course, I remember the days of getting repeatedly beaten by Sigma or the old MM bosses (MM7=seriously hard).
    Last edited by Raype; 11th-January-2006 at 23:07.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not wings, hair. It comes from the head. Believe me, that is Zero.

Different forms should be awesome. Would be even cooler if you could combine forms and create new ones.

And yeah, Battle Network is nice but nothing is better than 2D side scrolling Mega Man games. That reminds me, I cannot wait for Powered Up! 2 new bosses, +100 challange levels, level editor etc etc. Only two months left...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Makes sense. It does look a whole lot like Zero. I'd expect him to show up in the game at some point in some way (at least a form. He's been in everything lately). I also wonder what this "Yarik Nova (Sp?)" is that is written in the corner of the art (an ability perhaps?)

Thanks
    EP Points

Yarik Nova eh? No idea, only time will tell.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Keep posting in this delicious thread to show your love for Mega Man!

Thanks

MM -> MMX -> MMZ -> MMZX[?]
    You forgot MML arseface!

MM -> MMX -> MMZ -> MMZX[?] -> MML

There, I made you a favor...

Thanks

Great job! thanks for all the info. I think the story itself is totally gay though. has far too many unfilled holes. Seriously though, thanks for typing all of that out

Thanks
    EP Points

Plot holes eh? Tell me if there is something you want to know and I'll try to explain. It might seem like a plot hole but perhaps it isn't. I could've missed something.

Anyway, about Mega Man ZX again, a nice fellow with the new Boco has analyzed the artwork and discovered something cool. In the 9th picture, Van(the male character) is using something like a "PET". It however isn't a PET. It's something that would be best called a "Changer" or in this case, X Changer. You see that little piece of machine most likely is used to change into the X form. Just look at the thing, it's partly blue and got something that looks like the crystal on X's head.

Also, on artwork number 10, Van is holding TWO Changers: the X changer and the Zero changer, probably. Does this mean that you actually will be able to combine forms? That would be quite awesome.

And lastly, I said in the first post in this thread that the characters are humans. That probably isn't the case. Nobody knows wether or not they are, but if you look at their ears they have these round mechanical things instead of actual ears. And in the MMZ series, this is the only noticeable difference between a human and a reploid. So there is a high possibility that they are reploids. But as I said, it isn't known yet.

Oh and thank you Ru. Thank you so very fucking much.

Thanks

MMZX = Megaman Zero engine with X as the main character....

I mean, this image is 100% Zero draw style.
    http://www.rockmanpm.com/gallery/alb...icialart07.jpg
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks

no no. you did a fantastic job explaining it all to me, thanks again crush. I just dont get where all this magical seeming stuff comes in the series. A lot of things just dont meks sense to me, but oh well. Thanks again, would give more rep, but you know the deal on that

Thanks
    EP Points

Heh, yeah I do and thanks.

Well I guess what you mean. Stuff like cyber elves right? There really isn't any explanation behind how they work or what they really are except that they are small programs that can ehance and rewrite reploid personalites.

Either way, great series. I highly recommend it.

Nitramuse, it's the same artist. But believe me when I say, that isn't X in that artwork. I still believe that ZX is the "sequel" to the MMZ series and that, most likely, both Zero and X are dead. Though they got to be an important part of the MMZX storyline. Or else, why would they call it ZX?