Thread: Help with corel Painter Essentials....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Help with corel Painter Essentials....

Well, it's more along the lines of help messing with a drawing that I scanned in. What I want to do is remove all the messy stuff in the drawing, like incomplete lines and whatnot, then I wanna like...well, you know how people seem to be able to like, trace the drawing somehow, making all the lines a solid black? I wanna do that.

I know this is vague, and if you need any further explanation, I'll be happy to do it. I just don't really know how to put across exactly what I want to do, which is part of the problem in getting it done.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

If I hear ya, you wanna get rid of the grabage in the pic (i.e. random pixels and incomplete lines), and trace the outline of a certain object?

Thanks

I find it easiest (with any program) to up the contrast so that the blacks are more obvious, and the other marks are easier to see and therefore erase.

Or you could be a real man and trace the lines...with you MOUSE. Thats why I bought myself a graphics tablet, its so fucking awkward otherwise.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Banned, that's pretty much what I want to do.

SA-X, I have a graphics tablet thanks to Harmony. It's just that, well, even doing that is a bit awkward, unless you have any suggestions you might give me on how to make it a little easier.

Thanks

Get someone else to do it =P

Is Corel Painter the only design program you have? 'cos Photoshop would be pretty good for this.

Thanks

I found that Photoshop works pretty well actually. Unless you have colours on the drawing just desaturate it and adjust the level settings (and contrast if needed). That should get rid of most of the garbage, and the line should become much crisper and defined.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Alright, so then I'll just have to get a hold of Photoshop. One of my co-workers is bringing her unused copy in for me on Monday, so I'll try it out and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.