Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you are talking about extracting sound to be played then you can use ISO Buster or CDRWin to extract just the sound tracks unless your talking about none CD sound tracks (sound files or bin files) then try out PSMPlay to extract the PSX format sound to PC format sound.

If your talking about ripping to make an ISO smaller you could try using ISO Buster to just extract the data file or CDRWin to do the same thing. (Just rename the extracted file to filename.iso instead of filename.bin)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-December-2003 at 01:48.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

zelda128 Guest

I download breath of fire 3 but i dont know how put it on cd to play on my psx I need help step by step because i dont know about isos

zelda128 Guest

does any one know where I can find brave fencer musashi download iso

Thanks
    EP Points

www.rggroms.tk has it

And to burn the isos you just laod up Burning Nero Rom, open the cue file, and burn the game

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you are not using Nero let us know so someone here can help you with whatever CD burning Prog you do use

Extended instructions for Nero - Burning Rom in 10 easy steps:-
    1. Start the thing
    2. Hit the Cancel Button (To close the Wizard thing)
    3. Click File on the top left
    4. goto and click Burn Image...
    5. find your CD Image file (Can be a *.cue, *.nrg or a *.iso) {Cue files are always acompanied by other files and they are all needed but when you select the file to burn you only need to select the cue file as the software does the rest for you}
    6. Choose the speed you wish to burn at (Sometimes better to use the lowest setting)
    7. Pop in a blank CD-R in your Drive (CD-RW can't be read by PSX/PSone hardware)
    8. Hit the Write button
    9. Wait for it to burn
    10. Take out your newly burned PSX game

Note:- You need a chipped PSX/PSone to play burned games or have a boot CD (Not a boot CDR) or even a very old Action Replay V3.?? cart or an even older Action Replay copy cart, or the last option is using a swop method that I never recomend. (Chipped PSones need a boot CDR sometimes aswell)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-January-2004 at 22:02.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

zelda128 Guest

I want a site like
    www.example.com because www.example.tk
    and Idont what aproplem is

zelda128 Guest

I download a breath of fire 3 after that I have 3 files one bin - one bwt file- one cue file
    now how I can burn it to a cd and play it on my psx
    pleese help master Zorlon as you can

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Burning is realy easy just do it as I said in the post before but in step 5 select the cue file (The cue file will tell your burner what files to actully burn, like it will tell Nero to burn the bin file and in the correct format.)

If you are getting errors when you try to open the cue (It will not let you burn without a correct cue so don't worry to much) you might want to open the cue file with a text editor to make sure the files in it are correct in it, if it has path in it just remove the paths and keep just the file name.

As for playing a backup/copy on your PSX you will need a special way of playing them, Examples are:-

PSX + Chip
    PSone + Chip + ImportPlayer (CD-R Burned CD)
    PSone/PSX + Swop Disc (I'm talking about the ones you buy not a CD-R disc)
    PSX + Action Replay 3.XX (It's an Old cart you can no longer get)
    PSX + Old AR cart copy (Think you can still get those)
    PSX/PSone Swop Trick (Not worth it because you would be removing CD's while they are still spinning, lets just say your PSX/PSone would not last very long at all, but it does work)

(If you have read about changing certain sectors of the CD and it then works well thats just bull forget about it)

I'm not realy getting what you are wanting in your post before last when your talking about example's but if it's something like a screen shot's guide of sorts here is not realy a place I can post something like that myslf but there will be guides online and dowloadable ones aswell but these tend to be for CDRWin (Another CD burning prog) but if you get CDRwin and another prog called Zapper 2000 (Zapper2k also includes a crude CDRWin burning FAQ with screen shots aswell as a FAQ for Zapper2k a display fixer)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-January-2004 at 11:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

zelda128 Guest

how I use clone cd tell me step by step
    and rememper I have 1 file cue,1 file bin,and 1 file bwt
    tell me steps when I download a breath of fire 3
    and what kind of cd I will burn (any cd or a special cd)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Any CD-R will do but CD-RW's never work, I'll have to get clone CD to find out how to do it with that but it will take me no time to figure it out

Done Downloading CloneCD and testing it and.....

eek guess CloneCD only works with *.CCD format ISO files so what you need to do is get yourself CDRwin (You don't need the full version as the free version lets you burn as many times as you wish but is limited to the slowest speed only, but in burning PSX games it ends up being a good idea most of the time to burn at the slowest speed)

CDRWin step by step:-
    1. Open it
    2. Hit Record CD (Top right icon)
    3. Hit Load Cuesheet (err sellect your cue file)
    4. Pop in Blank CD-R disc
    5. Hit Record Disc
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-January-2004 at 21:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

hey zorlon, what if the only file that came with it is a .bin? I downloaded FF Origins and it only came with a .bin, it works in ePSXe but I don't know how to burn it into a CDR. Thanks for the help!
    XBConnect Gamertag: arazfar
    Xbox Live Gamertag: ZafierX
    <object height="180" width="470"><embed src="http://haloib.com/stats/stats.swf?playerName=ZafierX&bg=5" quality="high" height="120" width="400"></object>

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You should be able to get away with just renaming that file to *.iso if there are no sound tracks included within the bin file.

bin files do sometimes need cue sheets though when they have sound in them aswell, but the problem is that ePSXe can read the sound track data in bin files without aid of a cuesheet, so this is something I will be looking into more myself at a later date.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

zelda128 Guest

but the cue file is very small and a bin file is too big