Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how can I

bigdog2542 Guest

Default how can I

i was wondering how could I get my site to this status. i mean this site is huge and has a lot of members in the forum. i would like to get my site to this state but I don't know how. does anyone have any suggestions? they would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Default Re: how can I

Originally posted by bigdog2542
    i was wondering how could I get my site to this status. i mean this site is huge and has a lot of members in the forum. i would like to get my site to this state but I don't know how. does anyone have any suggestions? they would be greatly appreciated
    if its forums that your looking for help with, its hard to get started....people dont post in empty forums. what i did with mine was i registered with "fake" usernames and talked to myself under different names until people stated posting on their own

Thanks

Why, that's a damn brilliant idea dudecuda, lol!
    and yes, that's one way of doing it, the other way is to introduce your site to forums, like, put it in your sig, etc. Exaggerate your site a little, like Emuparadise!
    (lol, jk on the last part)

Thanks

Originally posted by ((X ZreX))
    Why, that's a damn brilliant idea dudecuda, lol!
    and yes, that's one way of doing it, the other way is to introduce your site to forums, like, put it in your sig, etc. Exaggerate your site a little, like Emuparadise!
    (lol, jk on the last part)
    hehe....i tried that too before i thought of the other idea

i went to every wrestling forum i could find and PMed a whole shitload of people.....even the site owner and admins

im regretting it a little now as i never noticed how many i got ip banned from.....and it also attracted flame posts from the regulars of the fourms i pmed.....and noone actually stayed.....i dont suggest doing that:\

but my first idea worked great! and X Zrex's idea works good too, as just puttin it in your sig isnt making a jackass of yourself and pissing people off....

Thanks

lol, you PM a $hitload of people? and got banned? haha, hey, sorry to hear that. And if you put it in the sig, make it big!
    I think making fake SN is a great idea too. Making some say, "hey, this is an awesome site!!!" or "Man, this is the only forum I'll ever visit..."
    ok, fresh off the quotes.

bigdog2542 Guest

thx for the forum info ill try that but can i get some ways to improve my site so people will come?

Thanks

like addons? then we have to know what type of systenm your site is running on

like this place. it runs on VBulletin....

bigdog2542 Guest

my forum runs on phpBB. just check out my site and make some suggestions. i took the popup off so thats a plus, but i guess i need to finish the n64 section. it only has three games working.

Thanks

Originally posted by bigdog2542
    my forum runs on phpBB. just check out my site and make some suggestions. i took the popup off so thats a plus, but i guess i need to finish the n64 section. it only has three games working.
    hmm....well, you coukld always just check http://www.phpbb.com and look on the forums there dude
    plenty of hacks to change stuff on there.....you have to install them manually though.....but it gets easier as you go along

Thanks

Originally posted by dudecuda
    hehe....i tried that too before i thought of the other idea

i went to every wrestling forum i could find and PMed a whole shitload of people.....even the site owner and admins

im regretting it a little now as i never noticed how many i got ip banned from.....and it also attracted flame posts from the regulars of the fourms i pmed.....and noone actually stayed.....i dont suggest doing that:\

but my first idea worked great! and X Zrex's idea works good too, as just puttin it in your sig isnt making a jackass of yourself and pissing people off....
    you get banned for PM's now?damn,i thought that was the only thing i could do and play safe

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]
    The Walkmen ~ Bows & Arrows [8.5/10]
    The Shins ~ Oh, Inverted World
    Explosions In The Sky ~ How Strange, Innocence
    Caribou ~ The Milk of Human Kindness
    J�hann J�hannsson ~ Vir�ulegu Forsetar

Thanks

haha, but he said he PM the Admins. too, so they got mad, and brought the butcher, err, I mean, banning machine.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

well i signed up at the forum....also your site shows some promise so if you want an affiliate let me know....
    Over 400+ Gaming Vids @ Doctorwordsworth's
    Need an Avatar? Stop by Planet of Avatars!
    For Video game documentation of any kind head on over to Game Docs 'R' Us!

bigdog2542 Guest

you guys think i should host some people for free with no ads? ( well maybe one but it won't be forced like a popup) and i could use some staff members that could upload and update regularly. i can update to but dial up is way to slow. any takers?

Thanks

upload, like pictures, files, and stuff?

bigdog2542 Guest

yeah and roms