Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ok i have a bone to pick with u guys!

sakura_st Guest

Angry ok i have a bone to pick with u guys!

i have not been here lately and only found out about this today and even know i can not believe the behavior of everyone here at the forums and a few other people i do not wish to mention at the time being . when i came here the first time no one spoke to me but i made a few friends after a while and was welcomed with
    what i would like to think of now as friendship . the time i have spent here has been very happy for me . i have been hearing complaints about irc yes i am an op there and i have kicked my share of people but the behavior that has been appearing there is discraceful everyone ganging up on people even here on the forums ... i never expected this would happen and yet it has everyone preaches the rules but then i see them turn around and do the exact opposite there is a word for people like u hypocrites but im just babbling on for nothing now arent i the degrading , disrespecting , and rude comments will still go on.
    not everyone in emuparadise is like this tho and to those few id like to say this is not aimed at u in anyway u know who u are.
    and to everyone else who banters and disrespects others just because of a authority figure does u discust me get a little backbone in u just cause a person is picking on a guy/gurl doesnt mean u have the right to go along with it i dont really care if i am banned if this is what is how it is going to be from now on i dont think i would want to be there anyways so either this is a good bye or sumthing else i just hope it is something and that someone at least understands what im trying to say

Thanks

I'm trying hard - sorry, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say. What I can scrounge out of that post is that you're dissatisfied with some disrespectful behaviour at the forums/on mIRC. The only recent incident was the one involving The Dragon. I was not satisfied and was in fact quite displeased with Sarcast's reaction to that matter - not the banning part, but the words he used and the way in which he phrased his statements. I am not one to swear or do anything of that sort for this matter, and I have tried to treat everyone here with the upmost respect. I think I might understand how you would feel about hypocrites and people not performing what they preach. I believe that I have seen that sometimes around here - but as elhaym would said, just ignore them - there are better people around here. I still hang around here; a few bad apples isn't enough to ruin the lot (at least I hope not). You probably don't know me, but I've seen you around the odd few times, and I'm sure that if you left, you'd be missed. So maybe it would be preferable to reconsider your decision before you finalized it.
    Last edited by Laguna; 23rd-August-2002 at 08:10.

Thanks

If I may ask, what happened? Of all things I got myself K-Lined today (again). *rolls his eyes*

Edit: Unless you're just referring in general to the events of the last couple weeks. In which case I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    Last edited by Mason; 23rd-August-2002 at 07:21.
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

TheDragon Guest

Originally posted by Laguna
    The only recent incident was the one involving The Dragon - and he had swore incessantly and blatantly challenged the rules.
    I did not swear incessantly. I said Shit. It was in the address to my website. sarcast responded by calling me "Low class"
    in�ces�sant Pronunciation Key (n-ssnt)
    adj.
    Continuing without interruption. See Synonyms at continual
    Now that would imply that I let loose a barrage of profane words. Which I did not.
    -TheDragon

sakura_st Guest

actually it was not about him swearing on irc it was his sites name masion lol u know i have no beef with u if u want the whole story read this http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin...&threadid=8105
    and this
    http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin...&threadid=8111

Thanks

u go girl.. uh guy..

some peeps give attitude, i myself felt the attitude in the old schoolers. but who cares, they do things there way.
    mind not all old schoolers. talk to them right and they will scwabble before u.. mwhahahaha.
    'The mark of my Dignity shall scar thy DNA'

sakura_st Guest

i mean he even appologized but that wasnt enough for some people they tore him to shreads i talk to TheDragon and he is very nice i mean come on all of us are human but they just didnt give him a chance

Thanks

So presumably it was Sarcast's reaction to the matter. Okay, I'm sorry, The Dragon - I wasn't there, so I'm wrong to tack you for swearing incessantly. But there was some challenging of the rules by starting that whole thread. Nightfall Z tried to talk you out of it, but once you started it, you had little choice but to continue. Really, I suppose the main problem with that situation was how Sarcast spoke about it. As an administrator, maybe he should have moderated his words in his posts and demonstrated a bit more respect - but that's behind us now and there's little we can do about it. And I didn't know what site The Dragon posted either.

As for the other thread, I believe that what I posted was justified based on the circumstances of the situation.

EDIT - Okay, I think I finally know what you're getting at, sakura_st. Took three posts, but got the point across nonetheless.

I'm just saying that I somewhat disliked what The Dragon did by breaking the rules. And I believe that's justified. And admin has a right to censor that (though not in that sort of way). Nobody has mentioned Sarcast yet though.
    Last edited by Laguna; 23rd-August-2002 at 07:34.

Thanks

Grr, accidently got my post deleted. But yeah, I spoke with TD as well and he's really nice and certainly didn't deserve all the flak that he caught.
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

TheDragon Guest

The only reason I took the issue here was so I wouldn't be the only one who saw how poorly Sarcast responded.
    I was seriously surprised to hear someone break it down to "low class" and "High class"

I wanted him to see other people's thoughts on his words so he could see how foolish he was being by breaking it down into those two groups.

In the end, I was wrong. I just wanted people to see.
    -TheDragon

Thanks

It takes a great deal of humility to apologize for one's actions, and I respect you greatly for doing so.

As you could see by my posts in that second thread, I was mainly disappointed by Sarcast's actions. But it's just one person - dare we let that ruin it for everyone?

He probably intensified the issue rather than cooling it down. I understood his situation, but he was extremely disrespectful to act in such a manner.

Hey, my construction of the situation was based largely on Sarcast's bias originally, so I'm sorry for any of my comments that may have been detrimental/destructive. And I'm sure that others fell along with Sarcast's bias as well.
    Last edited by Laguna; 23rd-August-2002 at 07:39.

sakura_st Guest

the reason why i didnt mention sarcast is cause i do not want to blame anyone there is no one person in this but many i only want to address this issue so that it will not happen again hopefully

Thanks

Maison avoided mentioning the individual in his post too, but again, he wasn't the only person causing the problem. Rules are rules, and there is a standard etiquette that we are expected to follow. If we don't, we get sanctioned - it's simple as that.

OENSTOEK Guest

This again? I thought it had been settled...

The whole thing was a bit screwed up, it was a clash of viewpoints.

I didn't really take any sides during the whole thing, but I did give both Sarcast and TheDragon a rating of 5... I can't remember the reasoning behind that but I'm sure it had something to do with tapioca.

I still wanna know what's going to happen with mediocre shit, is http://thedragon.servebeer.com/ going to remain its home? I liked it...

TheDragon Guest

Originally posted by OENSTOEK

I still wanna know what's going to happen with mediocre shit, is http://thedragon.servebeer.com/ going to remain its home? I liked it...
    The current address will always be reflected in my sig.
    Glad you like the site!
    Feel free to sign up for an account and contribute. I love reading the articles that come in!
    -TheDragon