Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hulk

Thanks

Default The Hulk

Has anyone but me seen this movie? I thought for sure there'd be a post here about it.

I've heard good and bad things about it. My brother and some friends said they liked the movie enough to warrant going to see it again. Other friends have said they didn't like it, or good portions of it.

So I went and saw it. I don't like to hype movies cause it just ruins it for others by expecting things out of it but I really liked this movie. There were some things I didn't like and the ending was kinda rushed and soso but the rest of the movie was good.
    I liked how they did Xmen I & II, they did ok with Daredevil, and I really liked how they made Spiderman. But this movie... I just couldn't get that grin off my face for a whole day lol. He's a badass just like in the comics. I'm really glad ang stayed true to the comics instead of dumbing it down for those who expected him to be a normal type of strong guy from a tv drama like in the hulk tv series.
    Not only did they do an incredible job at making the Hulk stay true to his original abilities and looks, but they made the movie in the style of a comic book. I know some haven't liked that but I thought it really gave something to the atmosphere you feel when watching the movie.

anyways if you see it don't think it's going to be the greatest movie ever cause it's not, I just really like how ang stayed true to the comics and the style of the movie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

I wanna see this movie but from all the things I heared I think that you must see this movie with another view because it's the Hulk movie and not just as a random movie that you wanna watch .
    meh

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I thought this movie wasn't that great. There are a few points where the action heats up and things get entertaining, but all in all there was just something about it that made it hard for me to enjoy. Part of it was Nick Nolte's horrid acting, but that's really just a small part of it when it comes down to it. Another part was how incredibly rediculous the Hulk looked, but even that didn't ruin the movie for me. Nah, it's just how even though it was well over two hours long, nothing much happened of any signifigance aside from Hulks occasional rampages. Not to mention the ending was a horrid mess. All in all, it's really one of those movies that I felt I could've just skipped and never really have missed out on anything. It was very forgettable, and that's too bad, cause I was really looking forward to it.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions, and only my opinions. I believe that everyone should have the chance to form thier own, so I suggest that you go see it if you should get the chance. Perhaps you'll find it more entertaining then I did, and that's what matters at the end of the day.

Thanks

*FLAMES CYBER !!!
    jk, lol.

I liked how the hulk looked. That's one of the main reasons I liked the movie. He looks just like in the comics, not dumbed down for the movie like I thought they would. His powers were true to the comics as well. He even got larger and stronger when he got madder. He's able to lift over 100tons normally and more as he gets madder, even lifting 150billion ton mountain at one time. He can even nearly jump out of the atmosphere. He's a comicbook hero, of course he's rediculous as well as looking rediculous, lol.

The acting wasn't great of course but it went along with the comic style of the movie.
    Maybe I liked the movie cause I went into it not expecting a great movie, but a movie that is based on a comic book that was meant to be just that.

The ending was a horrible mess though. I wish they would have put more work into that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Originally posted by Cyberxion
    I thought this movie wasn't that great. There are a few points where the action heats up and things get entertaining, but all in all there was just something about it that made it hard for me to enjoy. Part of it was Nick Nolte's horrid acting, but that's really just a small part of it when it comes down to it. Another part was how incredibly rediculous the Hulk looked, but even that didn't ruin the movie for me. Nah, it's just how even though it was well over two hours long, nothing much happened of any signifigance aside from Hulks occasional rampages. Not to mention the ending was a horrid mess. All in all, it's really one of those movies that I felt I could've just skipped and never really have missed out on anything. It was very forgettable, and that's too bad, cause I was really looking forward to it.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions, and only my opinions. I believe that everyone should have the chance to form thier own, so I suggest that you go see it if you should get the chance. Perhaps you'll find it more entertaining then I did, and that's what matters at the end of the day.
    I agree with you nothing interesting happened but just the rampages of him good that i went with my friends and were joking about everything that happened

Thanks

I might see it, simply because Eric Bana's one of the best things to come out of this country. That's not saying much though. Stupid Australia...

xxxStealthxxx Guest

It's pretty good if I might say. But to consider the older hulk movie hey no complaints you know if you talk about it your gonna watch don't lie now

Thanks

This "movie" pissed me off more than Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. I actually enjoyed that one at least compared to this, but this.....this "movie", was the first movie I was ever disappointed I saw at the theater. It was also the first movie that I kept looking at my clock wondering when it would end, and also the first movie I actually was considering leaving without watching it all. I saw a preview for The Punisher coming out next year when I saw The Hulk, I'll probably pass on that in fear it might suck too. :\
    You got whacked cuz your weak. Magus, Chrono Trigger
    "is da anus also known as her bellybutton?!1" - The Stupidest Teenager on Earth

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Hipoccolos
    This "movie" pissed me off more than Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. I actually enjoyed that one at least compared to this, but this.....this "movie", was the first movie I was ever disappointed I saw at the theater. It was also the first movie that I kept looking at my clock wondering when it would end, and also the first movie I actually was considering leaving without watching it all. I saw a preview for The Punisher coming out next year when I saw The Hulk, I'll probably pass on that in fear it might suck too. :\
    I dont see how they could mess up the Punisher.... but who knows..

I hated this movie.. I liked X1&2 and Spider Man, & Daredevil but this i hated it.

Thanks

Originally posted by Johnny Wonderpants
    I might see it, simply because Eric Bana's one of the best things to come out of this country. That's not saying much though. Stupid Australia...
    He was...in the Poida and Copper days.
    Trogdor, Trogdor

Trogdor was a man
    Uhh...Maybe he was a Dragon-Man
    Uhh...Maybe he was just a Dragon
    Uhm...but he was still

Trogdor, Trogdor

Burninating the countryside
    Burninating the peasants
    Buriniating all the people
    in their Thatched Roof Cottages

Thatched Roof Cottages

And The Trogdor Comes in The Night.

Thanks

no, but I've seen enough of him already:

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Landamo Guest

It sucked because of a lack of Lou Ferrigno.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by GundamGuy
    I dont see how they could mess up the Punisher.... but who knows..
    Heh, check out the older version of the Punisher with Dolph Lundgren and tell me that again

Thanks

mhmm, I'v heard both good and crap about this movie, but i couldnt see it on release date cause i had other plans so perhaps I'll check it out tonight or this week and right my own little review on it
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Landamo
    It sucked because of a lack of Lou Ferrigno.
    Some would say that a lack of Lou Ferrigno would be a good thing. Can you actually imagine a Hulk movie with a painted Lou Ferrigno running around? It'd look rather silly by todays standards....:\