Thread: Has anyone got Ape Escape to work?

Thanks

Default Has anyone got Ape Escape to work?

Has anyone got Ape Escape to work on an emulator? I use Epsxe and it works perfect except for I can't move. When I try to move with the joystick on my playstation type controller it just moves the view around instead of moving the character. I can jump and change back and forth from the net and the light saber type thing. Thanks a lot.
    To appreciate heaven well, you must first experience hell.

I'm not afraid to get shot in the head and die, I'm afraid to get shot in the head and live.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

You know you need to use the analog sticks to play the game? You might need to setup ePSXe so you can use them.

Thanks

yeah, it was, as much as anything, a show-off for the dual-shock controller and needs the analog sticks. for someone who likes playing games on a keyboard and has a laptop, and hence only 1 set of arrows, its darn near unplayable.

Thanks
    EP Points

This game requires every button on the analog controller. It requires both joysticks and R3 and L3, too.

Thanks

Well I have a controller that is almost just like a playstation controller and it seems to have L3 and R3 but not sure. If I used a playstation controller on my pc would the controls work correctly then? I mean if I used an analog one of course. O yea there is some settings on Epsxe that say F5 to switch between digital and analog or something. Could I have any settings wrong?

I'm not afraid to get shot in the head and die, I'm afraid to get shot in the head and live.

Thanks
    EP Points

I know this is an old thread, but I know gamefreak777 is still having this problem.

I downloaded this game today, first of all I had the same prob and though uh-oh. Turns out I had accidentally mapped one of the sticks wrong.

So double check that both analog sticks are set up correctly in EPSXE and that the mode is set to Analog/Digital.

Thanks

Do you, by chance, own an Axispad, gamefreak?

Thanks
    EP Points

If the view is moving around when you move the joystick btw, it means you've got one of the sticks mapped to what should be the Dpad

Thanks

I've given up on Ape Escape until I get a Dual Shock. I love that little magic adapterbox... The original controler is inadequate. A shame, as the game is most enjoyable madness.
    When the sunshine,
    throwing me a lifeline,
    finds its way into my room,
    All I need is you.

Elbow, Ribcage.

Loving the choir.

Thanks
    EP Points

It doesnt work at all i have tryed so many things and on different Emulators aswell if you ever get it to work please tell me cos i have to go to my uncles house to play the game

Thanks
    EP Points

Works fine on defaults using EPSXE, if it doesn't then something is up your end.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Del_Boy
    Works fine on defaults using EPSXE, if it doesn't then something is up your end.
    i tryed it on me and my mates comp and i got the defualt settins for the controller from Griff and i dont work i can get to the main menu and the start button wont work and the arrow wont move
    i gave up on it any way im gettin my playstation back soon so i'll play it on that

Thanks

I got a psx to pc adaptor a little while after I posted in this thread and it didn't work but I didn't try out what del_boy said yet. I am sure it will work, I will try it later. I also got me a psx boot cd now so I played it on the playstation with that. Its pretty fun. Yea I think it was a Interact Axispad Winged 2.0. I gave it to my cousin so I don't really remeber exactly what it was.