Thread: What makes a person attractive to you?

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What makes a person attractive to you?

Over the last few years, it's been gradually dawning on me that I have little to no sexual awareness. That I'm not very interested in sex at all, and that even my interest in people relationship-wise rarely extends beyond a desire for gentle platonic friendships. I've always been very closely bound to my family, having moved around a lot as a kid, so I...sort of have trouble viewing those that I'm close to as anything but brothers and sisters. It doesn't really bother me, but the idea of sex, or even of intimacy, with such people just seems sort of odd, irrespective of their gender. The only sort of relationship that comes naturally to me is that of family. I sort of always figured that I'd 'grow into' that part of life, but I'm twenty one and a half now. If I'm a late bloomer, then I'm a really late bloomer.

With that in mind, I'm sort of curious to know what draws you to a person. Not necessarily just from a sexual standpoint, but from a purely platonic one as well. Are there certain traits, whether they be physical or mental, that make you want to know a person better, that attract you, sexually or otherwise? What do you look for in potential friends? Is it the same as what you look for in potential boyfriends / girlfriends, or different? Are physical appearances important to you with a boyfriend or girlfriend? What about just with friends?

On the other side of things, are there any traits that really drive you away from people, things that you simply cannot tolerate? Would you, for example, not date a girl with big glasses and braces, or not befriend an otherwise nice guy who has a high pitched, immensely irritating laugh? What sort of things are horribly unattractive to you?

And...yeah. Other stuff like that.
    Last edited by Harmony; 1st-April-2007 at 15:25.